We answered most of the (I) general IT support questions.
- We'll be using some corner of EvoViz for documentation, ideas, pages, project plan, etc. David reassured me that he doesn't have ny particular format or structure in mind for the page.
- I should set up the code repository through google.
- The development/testing server will be hosted by NESCent
- For now the project homepage can be the wiki. We can reevaluate later if there needs to be an 'official' page somewhere.
- For mailing list help, wg-phyloinformatics sounds right.
We didn't discuss the project plan or overall timeline, or expectations too much. I told David multiple times that I am unable to devote full time to this project. I did mention keeping the project to something within 10-15hrs/week. He seemed ok with this. Hilmar said that we are evaluated based on our completion of milestones based on our project plan. I think that just means I need to make a realistic plan with the scope of 120-150 hours total for the project.
Things to do in the next two weeks:
Decide on a language.
Do phase 0.
Write up detailed (weekly) project plan.
Post things to the wiki.
Post things to NESCent's SoC wiki.